Whiteout Scans Seeking Translator
It’s been a while since ReLIFE ended and I’ve finally got the itch to work on something new from Comico again. I’ve been looking over series on the site lately. It’s a bit difficult for me to figure out what they’re about exactly since I don’t know Japanese myself but I’ve found some I think seem interesting based off the art and the rudimentary translation that Google can do.
So yeah, I’m looking for a translator again! My last attempt I had basically no standards, though this time shall be different though.I’m looking for a translator who meets the following criteria:
- Fluent in English.
- One of the following:
- Prior experience translating Japanese to English (if you can show me what you worked on, even better.) OR
- New to translating but have a comfortable understanding of Japanese. (Xyros hadn’t done any translating before so I’m not going to turn people away for that!)
- Able to provide a translation script in a timely manner after being provided with raw chapters.
- Good, consistent communication. Life happens and not everything goes according to plan, I would just like to be informed if things are going to be delayed.
- Able to use Discord for communication and Google Drive for sharing files.
As I said above, There are a handful of series of varying lengths that I’ve been looking at that, as far as I can tell, haven’t been translated yet; I’m not 100% deadset on any of them though. If a potential translator has a request or suggestion for a series to work on from Comico, I am open to suggestions as well.
Regarding other positions (Cleaners, Redrawers, Editors etc.), I’m not overly interested in managing and trying to coordinate half a dozen people to get a single chapter released. If you really really want to do any of these jobs with Whiteout Scans you would have to be very convincing. I still see this as something to do in my free time, and as a way to learn new things and improve my abilities so, other than translating, I actually like to do as much of the process as I can!
If you would like to volunteer your services as translator for something new at Whiteout Scans, please contact me via the email address listed on the Contact Page.
If you’re a fan who knows someone who might be interested, send this their way!